Published on aprile 20th, 2021 | by Eurasia News0
ESG and sustainable development
The amount of funds managed by institutional investors who signed up to the Principles for Responsible Investment at the end of 2020 exceeded 100 trillion US dollars. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues are essential to businesses around the world as the legal and regulatory environment changes and the expectations of investors, customers, employees and other stakeholders for ESG agenda grow.
Increasing number of investors and funds are using ESG as an additional consolidated investment metric in their investment decisions and expect this trend to continue. The preference for ESG-compliant shares is high, and the lack of attention to sustainability and environmental issues already reduces the pool of investors to whom the company can offer its shares.
Obviously, companies will have to adhere to ESG principles in order to maintain access to global capital markets. Companies that do or plan to deal with international debt and equity investors need to be especially concerned with how they manage and report on ESG risks. Investment attractiveness and the opportunity to receive additional financing is a significant factor for the companies to make the ESG agenda as a part of long-term development plan.
In the next few years, the ESG agenda will become one of the central elements in companies’ strategies. Regent Capital Communications invites you to take part in the conference: «ESG and Sustainable Development 2021». The event will be held in a hybrid format on 23 of April in Moscow.
Speakers include: VTB Capital, Prosperity Capital Management, TRINFICO Investment Group, SINAI Capital, CFC Management, Russian Aquaculture, Enel Russia, LUKOIL, Polyus Management Company, Sistema, Severstal, LSR Group, VEGAS LEX, PAO NOVATEK, Bank of Russia, Petropavlovsk PLC, Gazprombank and others.
- Modern disclosure practices in the field of ESG reporting and sustainable development
- What do companies need to know when preparing and disclosing an ESG? Defining drivers of the ESG agenda
- Socially responsible investing: Criteria, metrics and investor requirements
- How should ESG be included in investment and reporting processes
- Laws, standards, initiatives and ESG compliance and corporate obligations in Russia
- State regulation of ESG in Russia: Where are we today?
- How has the pandemic affected the sustainable development agenda?
«ESG and Sustainable Development 2021». Conference Homepage: http://regentcapital.ru/esg-eng